Doylesroom Poker Review

spacer

spacer

Poker Logo         

 

arrow Visit Doylesroom

spacer

arrow Download

Doylesroom Poker Review

Doyle’s Room is named after one of the greatest poker players to ever play the game. Doyle Brunson is a living legend. He is a man that has won 10 World Series of Poker bracelets. He is a man that was in no small part responsible for popularizing the game of Texas Hold ‘Em. He is a man that every poker player would like to be because of how awesome he is. This site is his baby and no matter where you look on it you’ll see evidence of his golden touch.

 
star Doylesroom Poker Screenshots

screen shot

Doylesroom Homepage

screen shot

Doylesroom Table

screen shot

Doylesroom Lobby

star USA Players

usa

This poker room allows U.S. players

 
Cash Game Choice 7.5/10 Support Options 9.0/10
Cash Game Traffic 8.5/10 Financial Security 9.0/10
Cash Game Competition 8.0/10 Deposit and Withdrawal Choices 8.0/10
Rake Costs 7.5/10 Overall 8.2/10
 

Cash Game Choice – (7.5/10)

Doyle’s Room used to have more cash game choice than it currently does. When it was on its own, it was able to offer games like Badugi for public consumption. Now that it is a member of the Cake Poker Network however, the amount of game choice available has gone down by a significant percentage. Nowadays, all you can expect to find on Doyle’s Room are the major Texas Hold ‘Em, Omaha and Seven Card Stud variants.

 

Cash Game Traffic – (8.5/10)

The traffic numbers that Doyle’s Room is able to bring to the table are reasonably impressive. It is of course a function of them being a member of the Cake Poker Network. Currently, you can expect the average number of players on the site to hover between 1500 and 2000 players depending on the time of day. Of those players, more than 80% will be engaged in Hold ‘Em games on average with the other 20% mostly playing Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo.

Cash Game Competition – (8.0/10)

The competition that you can expect to get from Doyle’s Room is reasonably stiff as you go up the levels in these games. The main reason for that is that a lot of the better players are attracted by the name of Doyle Brunson and they therefore do inhabit the upper levels of gaming. The cash game competition that Doyle’s Room brings to the table is not that great on the lower levels however, so it is possible for you to find some soft games there.

 

Rake Costs – (7.5/10)

Doyle’s Room does have rake structures that are competitive with those of other websites in most areas. The one thing that makes the rake costs slightly less competitive at Doyle’s Room is that they can potentially go up to $5 rather than the usual $3 at most of the other websites. However, when you consider that this only makes a difference at stakes of $100/$200 and up, you should realize that in the case of most people that read this review there will not be that much of a difference.

 

Support Options – (9.0/10)

Doyle’s Room has many great support options. In addition to the FAQ documentation that is available on their website, you can also get support through e-mail, phone and live chat options. E-mail support can be achieved by sending an e-mail to support@dbpn.com.

Phone support is available toll free in North America (1-888-762-4192) and the United Kingdom (08000 51 67 37). In all other areas of the world, you’ll have to phone long distance at (+506) 2253-3984, but you will get someone on the other end of the line to answer your phone.

Finally, you can also receive live chat support through the support section of the Doyle’s Room website. Their support is so good that Doyle’s Room has received awards for it, including an award in 2006 from Bluff Magazine.

Financial Security – (9.0/10)

The Cake Poker Network, despite transacting thousands of different transactions each and every day, has never had a major breach in their defences. They are secured and authorized many times over and are based in Curacao. The Cake Poker Network has a high level of financial security that you can certainly count on.

 

Deposit and Withdrawal Choices – (8.0/10)

The following deposit options are available:

NETeller
GiroPay
E-Check
PIC Club
InstaDebit
Switch
Solo
Visa
MasterCard
Moneybookers

The following withdrawal options are available:

NETeller
E-Check
PIC Club
Switch
Solo
Visa
MasterCard
Moneybookers

Overall – (8.2/10)

Overall, Doyle’s Room is certainly a room that will be praised many times over for the excellence that it offers. If you want a room with a great reputation and some serious substance to back that reputation up, this is definitely the room that you want to play at. If they get some more players in the future, there will be absolutely no stopping them.